Search This Blog

Sunday 29 August 2010

Dragonette 'one to watch'

What a great way to start my blog off, I hope to bring you all the latest and greatest new music stories, reviews and something different to what is already out there.. one of my 'ones to watch are an exciting act I have been following for over a year now, Dragonette have been seemingly drifting through the years without the sort of attention they deserve, I was lucky to see them on one of their rare performances at 93 Feet East in London this weekend, they were actually amazing. Full of energy singing songs that are not only catchy but high charting worthy musical masterpieces. They performed greats such as 'I Get Around' 'Fixin to Thrill' 'Liar' 'Gone too Far' 'Pick Up The Phone' 'Take It Like A Man' and my favourite and summer anthem 'Our Summer' which is from their newest Album 'Mixin To Thrill' a remix of some of their songs and a few new ones available now on I-Tunes.


I really hope that this band constisting of Martina Sobara, Dan Kurtz and Joel Stouffer make it into the big time, especially here in the UK as everyone seems to like them on first listen.


Having now seen them live, they are the sort of band I can see performing at major festivals and events in the future.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment