Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Rihanna - Loud

So the new Rihanna album, is it a good follow up to the not even cold from the epic promotional trail of Rated R.No is the answer, it feels slightly rushed and something's missing, it covers too many genres. BUT, Rihanna is a megastar so it doesn't matter does it? The tracks that stand out for me are those that stick to the dance vibe that Only Girl In The World' was moulded from, such as S&M and Who's That Chick. Other good tracks are the duets, obviously the Eminem track Love The Way You Lie and the Drake duet What's My Name and of course the woman wonder that is Nicky Minaj who seems to have worked with just about everyone in the past year, the track Raining Men features Minaj' amazing vocals and one of my favourite lyrics,
 "It's raining men, fat bitches" which makes me laugh out loud everytime for some reason. 

Rihanna has achieved so much for her years, she is one of the most fascinating artists out there and seems to continually reinvent herself and keeping her music new and relevant. Whilst I am a fan and the new album has provided some good tracks, I do feel it was rushed to escape the darker sound of Rated R. I am sure however, Rihanna has nothing to worry about, with an endless que of people waiting to work with her.

Whenever I may think Rihanna has done a bit of a duff track, I remind myself of the long, long list of greats she has done, and in no particular order:-
Umbrella, Russian Roulette, SOS, Pon De Replay, Disturbia, Rude Boy, Don't Stop The Music, Take A Bow, and so many of the duets and songs she has featured on.

Overall though, current album 'Loud' scores a 7/10 for the fact it provides some good songs, but hardly any greats. Below is new video for What's My Name featuring Drake. Wow that's some red hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment