Search This Blog

Sunday 19 June 2011

Nicola Roberts - Beat of My Drum

I am fully aware I am a little late with Nicola Roberts solo career but I love this song so much so I have to blog about it! Basically my computer died and come back to life again and during this time I was unable to blog, devastation don't come close... Anyway - we all know who Nicola Roberts is, the Girls Aloud dainty doll has gone solo with the epic Beat of My Drum and soon to be released album Cinderella's Eyes which has a scheduled release of October 2011.


Beat of My Drum is produced by Diplo & Dimitri Tikovoi and was written by Nicola herself, showing she has the talent! I have always liked Nicola, she has a self doubt about her that makes her a normal person in a world that can eat you up and spit you out, and she remains grounded and reminds me of people I know in reality which sometimes, people just want someone they can relate to. I recently watched the making of the video for Beat of My Drum, and she says how weird it is filming a video with all these eyes on you, and that is how I feel I would react, I am massively camera shy and I imagine it to be a totally surreal experience.

I fell in Love with Nicola when she performed Shout on Popstar's the Rivals, which at the time I feel, was when she shone through with her voice, and then to become a member of Girls Aloud and have the success she has had it was inevitable that she would go on and experience a taste for the solo life. What I love most, is that while Cheryl Cole and Nadine Coyle have tried to go down the big American produced tripe, Nicola has kept it real and kept it British!


Beat of My Drum is out now, and the sound she has opted for is a funky pop feature, it reminds me of a Justice vs Simian  track - We Are Your Friends, which trust me, is a massive compliment. According to Wikipedia as well, Dragonette lend a hand on the production of the forthcoming album, and as most of you know by now I am obsessed by Dragonette, so this pleases me HUGELY.

Team Nicola / Ginge.

No comments:

Post a Comment