Search This Blog

Sunday 8 May 2011

Nicki Minaj - Super Bass

At the moment, there are so many good acts out there, each have their own unique style and great music, right now though, I think the leader in uniqueness is the one and only Nicki Minaj. Although not lighting the charts with number one hit songs her style is interesting, her voice incredible (both musically and when she just talks - love her accent) and her album is pretty amazing! So with 'Super Bass' we see a different side of Nicki, previous songs 'Right Thru Me, Moment For Life feat Drake, & Check On It feat Will.I.Am' are good songs and show her versatility as an artist.



Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday

Nicki Minaj seems to be the most sought after artist there is at the moment,having also worked with Christina Aguilera, Usher, Jay Sean, David Guetta, Rihanna, Trey Songz, Britney Spears, Eminem and Kanye West to name but a few, my favourite so far being the duet between Minaj and Christina on the totally underrated track 'WooHoo' from Christina' 'Bionic' album see my previous post on this HERE. 'Super Bass, Your Love and I'm The Best' are so far my to favourite songs to come from the 'Pink Friday LP', which is well worth a purchase.

She has a lot of comparisons to Lil Kim - I personally do not see it, but each to their own, Lil Kim has had a great career so I do not see that it is a negative, but I do not think their music is similar at all.


'Super Bass' is out now, a great video and I think Nicki' best shot at the top 10 in the UK. Buy it now or give the deluxe edition of 'Pink Friday' a go! You might be surprised at how many different styles are on this album. 


9/10 - for the song, video and album!

No comments:

Post a Comment