Search This Blog

Sunday 17 July 2011

Leona Lewis - Collide

Leona Lewis is back, my favourite X-Factor contestant ever, she has become an artist now in her own right and Collide proves that Leona is not a one trick pony, Collide is a faster paced song compared to "Happy and Better In Time" but keeps the same dark pop lyrics in the same vain as "Bleeding Love" with lyrics such as "Crash in to me & at full speed" - in the same way that "you cut me open" are dark images in a pop world. I have been a massive fan of Leona since day one, when that shy girl went for her audition I knew she was a winner. I always remember when she was in the final and Gary Barlow told Simon Cowell that he "has a big responsibility with Leona" and he was right, Simon has invested a lot of time and money in Leona who has gone on to become a huge international success and a worthy ambassador of British talent.
I think the good thing about Leona is that you can give her anything to sing and she sings it. One of my favourite tracks of Leona is "I Got You" and although it did not do as well here we forget that it came from a hugely successful album campaign with "Echo" and that she released it 6 months after the album! With "Collide" she has gone for a "Love Takes Over, Only Girl In the World" type sound, that gets in your head, as does the productions behind it. Collide was written by Autumn Rowe and produced by Sandy Vee, the team behind Rihanna' "Only Girl In The World & S&M" as well as Alexis Jordan ("Good Girl") & Katy Perry' ("Firework") to name but a few of their pop masterpieces, so all in all a good combination to make a hit I feel.

I reckon this will be another number one for Leona, who after criticism for releasing slower songs has gone away and thought about that and come back with a song that is not a million miles away from her previous offerings, but has evolved in a way that is refreshing. I can imagine the remixes of this song will be Ibiza anthems.

I love it and hope all the Leona fans get behind the campaign and support her once more, I for one am Happy to see her back, I love her voice so much and she is stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment