Search This Blog

Sunday 3 October 2010

Diana Vickers - My Wicked Heart

I am dead against people re-releasing albums normally because I find it really unfair that music buying people are faced with either having to buy an album with 2 extra songs on or go out and buy singles when they already own a perfectly good album minus a song that was not on it before. So when I heard Diana Vickers is re-releasing Songs from the tainted cherry tree, I was outraged. Not for the usual reasons though. Mainly because this album already has 2 or 3 really really amazing songs on that should of been released before an attempt at a repackaged album. Anyway, My Wicked Heart is a good track, catchy and very Diana. I love Diana, but I am gutted she has done it this way, particularly as I really wanted 'Put It Back Together' to be the third single as I love it way more than 'The Boy Who Murdered Love.' The video to this new song is different and shows Diana is a potentially long standing pop starlet. Her looks always change and she is versatile.

2008's X-factor saw Diana fall short at 4th place, but she has proved you do not have to win it to be a good artist, so that is why I have rage regarding repackaged albums, at least try other tracks and release a new single later.. you have to put the video's out, do the promo and see how the land lies.

Below are the new video for single 'My Wicked Heart' out 7th November and 'Put It Back Together' - what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment