Search This Blog

Saturday 30 April 2011

Brooke Fraser - Something In The Water

I am a bit of a fan of Brooke Fraser, no I am more than 'a bit' I really like her, I was introduced to Brooke' music a few months ago by Dan Wooton' column the showbiz columnist for The News Of The World and ever since her third album 'Flags' has been on non-stop repeat. Brooke originates from New Zealand and has reached number one with 'Something In The Water' in her native New Zealand and top 10 in many other countries. She has been to the UK but so far needs to get more recognition.

Brooke is very exciting, her album is full of folky-indie-pop  lovely songs, her voice has twinges of Dido and this song reminds me of our very own Eliza Doolittle' 'Pack Up'. Anyway, I am a massive fan and really hope her sound catches on in the UK. If you like this song, investigate further and you may find others you like, personal highlights from the album 'Flags' are:- 'Betty, Coachella, Flags & Who Are We Fooling?'

My suggestion, is buying the album and having a listen - or check out Brooke' website BrookeFraser

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I like this a lot, might have to get some of her music.

    ReplyDelete