Search This Blog

Saturday 11 September 2010

Alexandra Burke - Number 1 again?

I have heard that the new Alexandra Burke single, 'Start Without You' is number one? Checking the mid weeks it would appear so... Ok do I like this song? Not really is the answer, BUT, and it's a but... its catchy in the annoying way that the GO COMPARE advert sort of is catchy. The video is not great but she looks good in it and there are a lot of half naked men dancing around. It is really just a random song, and I don't get how this single could get to number one when the brilliant 'All Night Long' feat Pitbull (a remixed version to the album) did not even reach number one!? I do think the team behind Alexandra have got it slightly wrong, when I first heard 'Overcome' the album, the idea in my head of how the campaign should have gone is as follows:

Single 1: Bad Boys, Single 2: All Night Long, Single 3: The Silence & Single 4: Broken Heels.
Now I am guessing there will be a re-release of the album which I think is an outright CON, I find it so frustrating when people do this, as if you have finished the album and released it, start on the next one, stop churning out the same old thing just with extra tracks on it (only GAGA can successfully pull this off).

I like Alexandra, I like that she came from Xfactor, I like her voice, BUT she needs to find her own identity away from rappers and features, and find a song that is JUST her that will sell. Otherwise people will get fed up of it. I just don't really like the new song I am afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment