Search This Blog

Sunday 5 September 2010

Random Shuffle

Top 5 songs I just found on a random but brilliant shuffle:

1) Leona Lewis - Happy
I really love this song, in the same way I loved 'Bleeding Love'. Leona is such a success story from the X-Factor 2006 and I think will be around a long time. People say she sings too much of the same but I think that is what makes her great because she performs emotion and is believable and has so far had 3 UK number 1's. I have heard that she is working with top producers such as Dallas Austin on the third album and hopefully she will find a song that made Whitney stand out when she released 'I wanna dance with somebody' which showed she could do more than just a ballad. 
           www.leonalewismusic.co.uk/

 2) Brandi Carlile - The Story
This song reminds me of a really great holiday I had in Florida 2007. I went with my friend and at the time when we heard this song we laughed because there is a bit towards the end where it sounds like her voice goes a bit off key, but that is the genius part of the song! The song is a country and western song and Brandi plays with several different genres. This is a great track that never quite reached the UK which is common here, we miss a lot of good songs here because our charts are dominated by one genre at a time.


3) Jessica Mauboy - Burn
 Another good artist that has so far yet to make the UK, first single 'Running Back' featured hit helper Flo-Rida and was a huge success the other side of the pond (Australia & USA). 'Burn' was also a huge hit and I think with the right promo she would of been huge here as this is actually a really good song with huge club potential. Jessica was actually on Autralian Idol and formed girl group 'Young Divas' which did not work out, however proves she should be a good solo artist in her own right!

4) Kasabian - Empire
What a fantastic tune, full of energy and a great timeless record! Always makes me want to jump around whilst throwing my head in circles like a complete loon!!! Kasabian are one of my favorite UK bands with other greats like 'shoot the runner' 'Fire' and 'Club Foot' a regular occurrence on my I-Pod, I can't wait to see what other greats they will create on new album when it is complete. Furthermore, I have heard that Kasabian are amazing live and would love to see them one day to perform my crazy head spinning antics..


5) Jamelia  - Superstar

Jamelia, where are you? This was a brilliant song all those years ago! The follow up to the 'Thank You' album - 'Walk With Me' had probably one of your best tracks and yet it went unnoticed here in the UK, clearly missed a hot track with 'Beware of the Dog' which sampled Depeche Mode' Personal Jesus.' I will always protest it was clearly number 1 material, as was Superstar. Jamelia has the great potential to be a really big named diva to represent the UK and I hear rumours she is working with Pharrell and other such music producer legends so I can only hope she will fulfill her potential with the next album!

No comments:

Post a Comment