Search This Blog

Thursday 2 September 2010

X Factor 2010


So to this years X Factor. 2 shows in and I have to say.. not a great load of talent going on.. I am a huge fan of previous X Factor's mostly for it's past contestants such as, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS, Diana Vicker's & Stacey Soloman, however this year I have not found someone I am really keen to see again like I have been in the past. So I am hoping they have saved the best until last. Although they are putting through an unusual amount of strange acts this year... then kicking them out again?! I am also strangely missing Dannii Minogue from the panel, which is odd as I did not want her on the panel originally. Also, Holly Willoughby is a big absence from the Xtra Factor.

With guest judges ranging from the random to the brilliant (Geri Halliwell, Natalie Imbruglia, Pixie Lott, Nicole Sch something or other and Katy Perry) and of course the build up to the big 'Cheryl Malaria' which they play clips of every week, plus the girl punching the other girl in the face! I have to think, sadly, they are saving the 'best' until last. As usual I will become a complete Saturday night hermit and set vigil at the TV week on and week out to see what this year has to offer, or skyplus it on the rare outings. Well, there will be nothing else to do in the winter months.

It seems to me even Simon knows something is wrong, next year he launches the US version and rumour has it the British version will no longer be running (or ruining) the (X)Christmas number one. Which it has been claiming for the past 4 years! Only time will tell if last years winner Joe McElderry will be as big as stars such as Leona, JLS, Diana and now Olly, I did at the time think not, however Simon has had him working with some big names so you never know..  

So lets wait and see, I will be reviewing again in a few weeks when I know who the finalists are.

2 comments:

  1. It is a desperate sign of the decline of the show in this country that they are dragging out the "highlights" of the punch and the malaria saga.In addition every year sees someone returning for another shot. US is the way forward with the massive wealth of resources on offer both financially and potential contestants.I wont be surprised seeing another campaign come Christmas to keep the winner off of number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I could not agree more! I do however think they may have found a star in Cher.. I reckon she will win actually..

    ReplyDelete