Search This Blog

Sunday 26 September 2010

The Ting Tings - Hands

After a few years out, the Ting Tings are back with new single Hands. Which for me, feels like a follow on from their last stuff, they have not changed drastically but have kept their music current and fresh. In Hands we hear what I think will become the new albums 'That's Not My Name' in the lyrics, 'Clap your hands if you're working too hard' the beginning sounds like it might not go the way you want, but then it kicks in! It has a retro feel to it, which is something many other artists are doing with their sound.  I am glad they did not go too different and stuck to what they know, good electric pop! I feel it is a grower, whereas 'That's Not My Name & Shut Up And Let Me Go' were instant favourites for me, still - nothing wrong with a song that will grow on you.I feel that Hands will sit perfectly on my-Ipod along with all their other classics and future hits.

New album 'Kunst' which I am sure is a cheeky way of saying a very naughty word, although it means 'Art' in German has no confirmed release date as yet. 'Hands' is released October 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment